Labels

Friday, September 30, 2011

Dehydrated Fruits & Veggies


Well the other day my mother in-law who has become a food dehydrating queen gave me some of the fruit and veggies she had dried. They included some dried strawberries, rhubarb, chard, and some tomatoes.  All I can say is wow the flavours just stayed so true and pure.   I made a smoothie this morning with some of the strawberries and the rhubard she had done with a couple of good handfuls of spinach and a little of the dried chard and some warm water to help rehydrate needless to say it was a little on the tart side less rhubard next time but talk about a refreshing and powerful energy packed delight maybe I could have used a little honey or agave or even just a banana.  So many people need to consider getting a dehydrator these work awesome for seasonal fruits and veggies like mangoes for instance when they are in season dry a bunch and you have mangoes year round or any fruit or veggie really even the greens.  The strawberries were a little crisp but my mother in-law said maybe cut them thicker or just do not dry so long but in truth you want them dry so they do not go moldy.  I have seen many people make dips and such from dried fruits and veggies. I think I will make a hot pepper dip with the dried tomatoes MMM just the thought of that makes me salivate. 
God Bless, Peace, and Joy. 

P.S. There are more informative videos in a series based on the one above just search for them if your interested this is part 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

My site:
meilleur rachat credit www.rachatdecredit.net