Labels

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Raw Foods Green Smoothie recipe "NO Dairy, No Whey Protein"

So alot of my recipes lately have been smoothies or Juices the one I'm drinking right now turned out pretty tasty so I thought I would tell it:  Blueberry Banana Green Smoothie

First off I do not have a commercial blender like a Vitamix or BlendTec not too say I would not love one.  Right now I use a simple Oster 10speed and blends stuff pretty decent. So start with a base

I used 2 cups of cooled steeped green tea  for the antixiodant properties and other known health benefits.  The level of caffiene is low and you could always use decaf green tea or simply water.
1/2 cup blueberries
1 banana  could have used 2 in hindsight
and 1 & 1/2 cups of spinach
and blend I would have added some ice but did not have any on hand
You cold also add some kind of nut milk or nut yogurt to this to make it creamier
though if your trying to lose weight try to limit any nut intake.

Remember blenders simply blend food they break down the fibers to make it more digestable but the fiber is still there.  If your wanting to make a juice that is great but without the pulp/fiber
a decent juicer is required.  I would recommend the Breville Juice Fountain Elite or the Kuvings Juicer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, You have performed a fantastic job.
I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
I am sure they'll be benefited from this website.
Also see my web page :: juicing for weight loss