Monday, April 18, 2011

Bok Choy: Raw Food Salad Recipe.

  Well as most of us raw foodists know trying new items or even old ones in a new way is always fun and sometimes a gamble.  I for one love doing this and found a new love this past weekend, being a little bored of the traditional salad fixings like romaine, spinach and so forth.   I thought I would try something new well raw that is, I bought a huge head of bok choy and some mangoes and some grapefruit and brought it home.  I of course washed the bok choy and prepped the rest of the ingredients for mixing.  Adding some tomatoes and cucumber I had at home already and then made a delicious dressing out of a handful of spinach half of the mango other half in salad and some fresh squeezed grapefruit juice in the blender and a a few turns of the pepper mill and sea salt for taste also a sprinkle of cayenne for some extra heat (optional).


I never thought it would have tasted so good but Wow what a delicious surprise it was of course not my last bok choy salad as I had the same tonight with a some diced pineapple, spinach leaves and some more tomato and cucumber this time for dressing a simple squeezed orange did the trick with some cayenne and sea salt another
awesome salad.

So the next time your thinking of trying a new vegetable RAW consider bok choy and rock it.

God Bless and Best Wishes.
Post a Comment