Labels

Friday, November 4, 2011

Persimmons: New Taste Sensation

Well after the gym today I hit the local farmers market and was looking at a nice juicy fruit to have before I dived into my watermelon, looking around I saw these strange looking orange fruits checked them out they were called persimmons.  Now for me I had never tried these myself possibly I consumed them in a fruit drink throughout my life but never the actual fruit.  I figured from many others saying that these fruits are extremely tasty and are full of vitamins like A,C and others like many yellow and orange varieties I figured I would give them a try.  I did not know how to eat these at first simply I just bit into one of them the skin was not bitter and was easy enough to chew.  The flavour was a taste explosion having never had these before I had no idea what I was in for.  All I could say was they taste like three of my favorite orange fruits combined which  are mango, papaya, oranges so if you could imagine combining these three fruits and making it into one fruit you would have a the taste experience of a persimmon.  I bought four of these fruits and needless to say they did not last long after I tried the first one.  They are messy but truly the taste is worth the mess.  Whoever says eating a raw food lifestyle is boring then they are too scared to try new experiences especially in the fruit sector or simply have not look hard enough for some choice fruit selections.  

All I can say is that this is now on my list of favorite fruits and will be for life.  I hope this will inspire you to give them a try,  and if you have tried them you know exactly what I'm talking about.

God Bless and Peace. 
P.S. Trying new things may just open you up to finding a new food favorite.

No comments: