Labels

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What I eat in a average day, How Raw Foodies and I get our Protein!

My days vary in how much I consume simply because somedays I go to the gym and others I do not.  Mainly though I usually consume this:

My day usually starts off with a lot of water 1-2 liters this really replenishes the bodies lost fluids while sleeping and gets the bowels and bladder going and usually really good at helping your body get rid of built up crud.

Once I have drank atleast a liter of water I wait 30-1hr before I consume anything of substance be it
a few pieces of fruit for instance 2-3 orange 2 apples, and maybe some grapes or a greens juice or blended green smoothie.  Now for everyone not sure what a green smoothie/juice really is I will explain.:

A greens juice usually requiring a juicer would be best.  I use the Breville Juice Fountain Elite  probably the best and fastest centrifugal type juicer.  Start with the what greens you wish to use be it spinach, chard, romaine, green leaf/red leaf, kale and go from there.  Adding some fruits now your softer fruits like mango/pineapple, and papaya do not juice well and I recommend using a blender and making a smoothie with the softer fruits even the spinach as juicing spinach doesn't yield alot of juice.  So then start juicing an easy and tasty green smoothie is apples, kale/or romaine, celery, lemon, and parsley make the amount you'll consume in the next few hours it can be refrigerated if you make alot though it should be used within 24hrs as it will continue to oxidise as it sits.  The lemon or another ype of citrus like orange lime / or grapefruit will slow the oxidation process down a bit always good to add some citrus zing to a green smoothie for the benefits.   Another addition to any green drink is hot pepper like a jalapeno for the mild or a habanero for the daring and adventorous or simply a sprinkle of cayenne (all are optional though they all have amazing benefits consider them).

Now if you do not have a juicer do not fret because a blender can do a great job as well it just is more of a smoothie then a juice persay because it has all the pulp with it.  Same procedure but if using kale remove the stem from the leaves and peel the lemon.  How if you want you can use a nut milk bag and run the smoothie through this to remove the pulp which I would recommend as it will be easier for your body to digest and utilize faster especially if your doing a juice feast.

Either one 32-64oz/1-2 liters drank throughout the morning over 2-3 hrs.  This is breakfast

Lunch: Another juice or a salad or veggie plate with maybe some homemade sprouted hummus or a tahini dressing.  Usually 2-3 cups of greens, 1-4 tomatoes depending on size if romas I use 4, 2-3 stalks of celery, half english cucumber, 1/2 a pepper and some sprouts usually alfalfa or mixture,

Dinner: Similar to lunch I'm trying to lose weight right now so all the gourmet raw foods you hear about I'm not really trying them out just yet since they have alot of fats usually and dehydrated veggies and I want the raw juicy goodness.

I try not to eat after 7PM to allow my body time to digest some of my food prior to bed.  I will consume 2-3 pots of herbal tea throughout the night.

P.S.  I do use multivitamins, started using Enzymes and WOW and other Vitamins like D,E,C Calcium but are not enterily necessary just a force of habit. 

I get my protein from my FRUITS, VEGGIES, NUTS, AND SPROUTED GRAINS,  REALLY THOUGH ITS THE AMINO ACIDS YOUR BODY NEEDS AND CRAVES!.  You ever wonder why you are so tired and lazy after you eat  a big meal laden with meat and cooked products?.  Well as I have done my research on this lifestyle the reason for this is quite simple your body is using all of your food energy to convert the protein from the meats into amino acids before your body can utilize it.  So if your body has to convert something for it to use it why not skip the aspect all together!.  When you consume raw fruits and veggies these high alkaline rich foods and also rich in the amino acids your body needs are not having to be converted before your body can use them giving you instant energy and strength.  Isn't that just a smarter alternative then eating dead flesh and cooked foods?.  If you ever wonder why alot of Raw Foodists are happy and full of energy all of the time this is why  NO DEAD MEAT OR OTHER COOKED FOODS SLOWING THEM DOWN.

Remember everybody is different, metabolisms, height, body shape, weight and so on so the amount of food will change with each person an elite athlete is going to consume huge amounts of food simply because they have a super fast metabolism compared to your average person working everyday and hitting the gym maybe 2-4 times per week.  Just because you see people like Durianriders on Youtube and he shows you how much food he consumes do not think that you must do this Harley is an elite cyclist and marathoner and runs and bikes more in one day then most people would in a week.  Eat when your hungry but also consider how much exercise you are doing.

LIKE I HAVE SAID IN OTHER POST'S EXERCISE IS KEY IN ANY LIFESTYLE YOU LIVE FOR YOU TO HAVE A LONGER AND BETTER LIFE.

ONE LAST THING TO REMEMBER 95% OF THE TIME WHEN YOU THINK YOUR BRAIN IS TELLING YOU YOUR HUNGRY YOUR ACTUALLY DEHYDRATED DRINK SOME WATER INSTEAD OF GRABBING FOR MORE FOOD.

God Bless and happy journeys to you.

No comments: