Labels

Friday, April 29, 2011

Tropical Fruits: Dragon Fruit talk about a Strange Little Package.


I came across this strange looking fruit over many years ago and since then I cannot get enough of it.  These tasty fruit look like something you would see in an episode of Star Trek being ripped apart by a Klingon or some other science fiction flick.  Really when you see them you will know what I'm talking about, and if you have you would most likely agree.   If you have yet to try them simply based on what they look like then your passing buy a fruit like no other and the taste that is unmatched.  From the outside you would suspect the inside looking even more bizarre though it is quite simple actually.   When I first cut one of these open I didn't know what  to expect what it would look like, taste like, and what the texture was going to resemble.  I was pleasantly surprised to see a large ball form it actually looked like a large white kiwi fruit but they can be different colors like the deep red you see in the photo above and they also have a yellow skin variety as well.  Like so many fruits there are many different varieties I guess you could say this is like Thailand's take on the North American Apple. 

So the look of the interior flesh it was easy to digest, the smell was sweet but also kind of neutral.  Then came the taste and from what I could decipher with my keen sense of taste was that it tasted as if a pear and a kiwi fruit mingled together and formed this SUPER FOOD.  Yes this awesome fruit is considered a super food I would have to right another whole article to explain all of the health benefits and most likely someone already has so I will keep mine brief.   It tastes great is loaded with tons of essential nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants as well it is also great for a after or prior workout energy boost, naturally low in calories and is also an exotic fruit originating mainly in Thailand and other parts of Asia.




So put the look of this fruit aside buy one try it and trust me you'll be hooked.

Loving the Dragon fruit.
Peace and God Bless

No comments: