Labels

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pickled Zucchini Salad

I had some fresh zuccini in my fridge and was kind of hungry wanted something to snack on.  I used a pull peeler and made some zucchini ribbons did not use seed part then added some fresh chopped rosemary and pineapple sage along with dill and some sauerkraut I  ahd sitting in the fridge and added some of the pickling liquid.  I tossed it all together and added some cayenne pepper for a little heat.  I let this sit for about 10minutes to allow the zucchini to absorb some of the sauerkraut flavor and the dill.  Gave it one final toss with the tongs and devoured it man what a taste delight.

Ingredients:
2 zucchini -make ribbons using peeler or a mandolin slicer if you got one or go real fancy and use a spiralina machine.
15ml dill weed I used dried which is more powerful if you use fresh at least double it.
1/2cup sauerkraut
50ml sauerkraut juice
5ml cayenne
5ml chopped fresh rosemary would not recommend dry to potent
5ml chopped fresh pineapple sage reg. sage would work as well or you could omit.
salt and added cracked pepper optional
I did use a touch of prepared mustard but feel I could have omitted this after the fact.
I would recommend some parsley or cilantro if you like the flavor I did not have any at this time.
A nice bit of citrus would also do nicely like some lime.

This was very plain and simple you could add other veggies if you like, my fridge was getting bare and I was just using up some items before they started to go.
P.S. You could also do this with english cucumber.
God Bless.



No comments: