Labels

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baby Bok Choy Salad Experiment

-->

Well I was getting some groceries the other day and was wondering what to have for dinner; and than I saw a small bag of Baby Boy Choy and my choice was made for me it was like hey look at me you want me in your belly.  As I have made a recipe like this before I will tell you this baby bok choy has a much milder taste than its mature brother and therefore can go into a salad with a simple dressing and still be awesome for the salad I concocted you will need as follows:

5-6 heads of baby bok choy you could also use Shanghai bok choy for this
1 mango Fresh is best
1 pepper I used red
1 small bunch of fresh Cilantro if you do not like it omit it I for one love it
2-3 handfuls of spinach
 1 Avocado
Dressing
1 Lrg. orange
extra virgin olive oil
Sea Salt and Fresh cracked pepper for flavor


To Prepare:
Wash the bok choy and set aside in colander to drain
Wash the other veggies and also set aside
Slice the pepper length wise and proceed to get rid of seeds than thick slice and make large dice.
Mango peel trim the flesh off the large seed and than also large dice
Cilantro if you want it rough chop all of these items can be tossed into a large mixing bowl
Spinach needs no prep just toss it in
Avocado cut around the seed going around the middle of the fruit remove seed and than scoop out flesh and large dice as well.

Dressing:
 Juice the orange pour over the salad drizzle the olive oil over top approx. 1 tablespoon

Finishing touches:

Toss the salad add the sea salt & pepper and than toss again the avocado will get smashed a bit and that is a good thing this will give the salad a nice creaminess to it which is extra yummy.  For extra heat you could spinkle some cracked chili flakes or cayenne pepper but it is not needed.

If you eat light this is good for two people, however if your active and like your salads this is for one.  Myself I love my salads and this size was good for me.

Not only does Bok Choy have a great subtle flavor to it it works well many different ingredients and is truly something not to pass by.

 When your looking for something else to put in your salad consider this.

God Bless and Joyful Eating.

Remember sometimes the simple things that you can use for a dressing or a base is what really makes food shine.